Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

World's Largest Tech Company CEO Takes Leave of Absence

Steve Jobs sent out a letter to his employees that stated "At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company." In his letter he also states he wants privacy for his family "I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy."

In two years this his second leave of absence. Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, will take control of the company in Steve Jobs absence. In 2003 Steve Jobs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had surgery and returned to work shortly after. In 2008 when he appeared at a press conference having lost a considerable amount of weight speculation began about his health. In January 2009 he said that it was due to a "hormone imbalance"  on January 14 he announced a leave of absence and came back after 6 months.

Do you think Apple will suffer from Steve Jobs leave of absence?

No comments:

Post a Comment